1. Recordent is an online technology portal for businesses to submit and
manage customer dues and collections.
2. Recordent sends notifications (SMS, IVR & Email) to the customers to
update the status of their dues and educates them on how other
businesses can check the payment history.
3. If customers do not clear dues, then those due records are marked as
outstanding. Such records can be accessed by other businesses (with the
consent from the customer) on Recordent before offering a service, credit
or a loan. Hence, the customers are obligated to clear outstanding dues
at the earliest.
4. Watch this YouTube video for a clearer understanding of your product.
2. How can Recordent collect dues from our clients when they are not using smartphones?
1. Recordent sends out communications through mailing, IVR calling and SMS.
2. All these are independent of the kind of phone and even a feature phone can
get SMS and IVR calls which are more than enough to notify the clients.
3. We have a team to deal with such cases, why do I need Recordent?
1. Recordent is here to support your resources and not replace them.
2. We at Recordent want you to focus on growing your business instead of
chasing your customers for pending payments.
3. Besides, even with existing customers, we would want you to focus on growth opportunity
discussions rather than hurting communications with payment reminders.
4. So, you can offload this responsibility - partially or fully is
completely up to you - and we notify your clients to make the payments.
4. Many times the dues are not being collected even when we do a
physical visit. What extra can your technology based company do to follow-up ?
1. If a customer of yours does not want to continue business with you,
they can 'ignore' your calls and physical visits.
2. The normal course of action from your end would be to either take
a legal action or stop further supplies.
3. Our method allows for a record to be created of the non-payment
and made available for view at a future date.
4. This induces the client to clear your dues to maintain a positive
track record, and avoid negative repercussions with other
businesses who may view that record, in future.
5. How is Recordent different from invoicing software(s) that also send
1. Most invoicing software(s) send out reminders that are a replication
of your own follow-ups with customers - i.e., they just remind the
customer on your behalf.
2. But Recordent is like a Credit Bureau for non-Banking Businesses
and communicates creates an urgency to pay by the customers
through inducing them to maintain a positive payment history by
paying you on time.
6. What else would Recordent do if the client refuses to pay despite our
1. Recordent has partnered with legal entities to provide solutions in
legal aspects (such as legal notices, filing of cases etc.) for our members.
2. We also have partnerships for arbitration and mediation, as an
alternate resource if you want to take that way.
7. How much time does it take to recover my dues?
1. Due collections dependents on the situation of the clients.
2.Our efforts are focused on creating an urgency and educating the
clients of our members so that they pay the dues and continue to
be in business.
3. Any client who understands the importance of credit report and its
benefits would prioritize these reported payments the way they
prioritize any other bank payments.
8. Does Recordent accept international invoices and what services are
provided for these invoices ? If yes, will there be any extra charges
in this case ?
1. No, we do not accept international invoices currently.
2. Our members will be notified once the international segment is
active for reporting with the corresponding tariff as well.
New Registration/ Profile related
1. How can I use the services of Recordent?
1. You can sign-up to Recordent and submit customer dues and we will help you collect.
2. We have a range of other services, to help you reduce your
5. What other types of reports that I can check as a Recordent member?
1. We provide you credit reports for all. whether your customers are
Individuals or businesses within India or International. Currently
International credit reports are available for US businesses only.
2. We provide you reports on various industry trends along with insights on
how your business has performed periodically based on your plan
6. I want to view a customer’s report, but the customer is not giving
consent. What do I do?
1. We recommend you to raise the request again and ask your
customer to fill up the consent form.
2. You can educate your customer about the link received in the SMS
through which they will be able to fill out the consent.
consent from the customers.
7. How much do I pay for the credit reports?
1. The pricing for the reports varies according to your membership
plans. Click here to view membership plans.
2. Still have queries?Click here to contact us now.
8. Can I access Credit reports without becoming a member?
1. No. You need to become a Recordent member in order to view your
customers credit report.
1. The corporate plan is a - tailor made for our members to avail
special prices on all our products and services. Our executives
contact you personally and discuss prices according to your
2. Click here if you are interested in our corporate plans. Our
executives will get in touch with you.
4. Is there an expiry date for membership?
1. No, the membership will never expire, however the membership
plan selected by you has a 1 year validity.
2. It is always advisable to renew your membership to continue
availing -various benefits and special prices offered by Recordent.
2. I cannot find an invoice from the past. I want to access it, where do I find it?
1. After logging into your account, in the profile section there is a section for Invoices.
2. In the invoices section, you will be displayed a list of all your invoices and receipts.
3. You can also filter your invoices based on dates.
4. Still not able to find your invoice? Click Click here to contact us.
3. After registration if any client is ready to pay, how will Recordent come to know? The client can secretly pay. Why should I update that on the platform?
1. Once the member receives payment and avoids updating on the platform, then Recordent still continues to notify the client about the unpaid due.
2. This gets cleared as being paid only when the member or the client comes back to us that it has been paid.
3. Without this feedback, the due would continue to show as unpaid, and may impact the customer's profile in the long run.
4. On clearing the due, it is advisable for the members or the customers to update on our platform as well.
1. I am a customer and I have been assigned invalid dues. What do I do?
1. You can raise a dispute in this case
2. You can select the option for a dispute in your customer report.
3. Choose the reason from dispute dropdown.
4. We will facilitate this dispute with our members and help you resolve it at the earliest
5. Still facing the issue? Click here to contact us
2. What happens if I raise a dispute?
1. The member will be notified of the dispute and will be requested to resolve the dispute at the earliest.
E- Arbitration and Legal Assistance
1. Are you providing legal support? Helping like appointing judge and hearings fast to end the case asap?
1. Recordent has partnered with legal entities to provide legal solutions (such as legal notices, filing of cases etc.) for our members.
2. We also have partnerships for arbitration and mediation, as an alternate recourse.
3. Arbitration or Mediation is often proven to be a faster process than going through the full court case procedure.
2. What is E-Arbitration?
1. E-Arbitration is a process of filing arbitration proceedings electronically from the comfort of your office or home without having to run around courts and without cumbersome paperwork, this is a completely legal method approved by the Justice Department of India.
3. How does E-Arbitration help in my collection?
1. Once an e-arbitration notice is served on your customer, it takes a maximum of 45 days to 60 days to get an arbitrage award, therefore speeding up the process of collection on bad debts and write offs.
2. (The Award is subject to claims/counterclaims and arbitration proceedings, award is at the judgement of the arbitrator and in no way guaranteed by Recordent)
4. I want to send a legal notice to my customer, how much does it cost?
1. Legal notice through Recordent platform would cost INR 3500/- plus taxes.
5. I have initiated a legal notice to a customer. Can I know the status of that?
1. Yes, we connect you to our legal partner once you have made the
payment for the same.
2. All replies to addresses on the notice would be your registered
address, therefore any response if triggered would reach your first
post which you can consult our legal partner for the further process.
1. Is the data submitted on Recordent secure?
1. The PII (Personal Identification Information) present is visible to:
2. Member (submitter) of the data
3. The Customer (Business/individual) recorded on the platform, and
any third party that the customer has provided consent to access
the record / report
2. How can a customer permit a third party to view their data?
1. The prospective customer data can only be viewed after the
customer has provided consent through an OTP process.
3. As a member, if I have the customer consent, will I be able to see the
1. No. The data is never decrypted. It is only displayed to you on a
need to know basis and only after customer consent.
4. As a customer can I revoke previously granted permission to a third
party to view my data?
1. No. You cannot revoke consent provided in the past, however every
consent has a validity of X days